Pregnancy and Childcare
We offer midwifery clinics on Wednesday and Friday mornings at New House Surgery.
All new mothers and babies are seen post delivery at home by the midwife. We also offer mothers a 6 week day postnatal check-up with a doctor.
We offer an eight week baby check, first immunisations and a general advice clinic on a 2nd and 4th Wednesdays with the Health Visitor.
The Health Visitor (0-19) Team can be contacted for advice and support between 09:00 and 17:00 from Monday to Friday on 01306 743341.
There is a clinic at New House Surgery every 2nd and 4th Wednesday morning (for 8 week baby checks and immunisations). To make an appointment, please call New House Surgery on 01306 881313.
Booked appointments are also available at The Medwyn Centre, Dorking on a Tuesday morning between 09:30 to 11:30. Call 01306 748901 to make an appointment.
And also at Playlink Sure Start Centre, St Johns School, Goodwyns Road, Dorking on a Thursday afternoon between 13:00 and 15:00 for weight check, general advice and support to families with children. Call 01306 748901 to make an appointment.
Sure Start Children’s Centre, Dorking Nursery School, West Street, Dorking, telephone: 01306 882397 provides a range of services for families in the Dorking area. For more information on Sure Start Children’s Centre visit www.dorkingnurserychildrenscentre.org.uk/index.php. This includes:
- Under 3's groups for children from birth to three and their parents and carers
- Early Bird courses for parents of children newly diagnosed with autism
- Individual support, through Learning Space, for parents who are
- experiencing difficulties with parenting
- Workshops and discussion groups on parenting issues
- Breastfeeding support groups
- A variety of free adult learning courses, including an introduction to holistic therapies
- Baby massage courses
- Courses for parents with twins or multiples
- Ante-natal and post-natal checks with the local health visitors and midwives
They work in partnership with Playlink (based at St Johns Primary School, Dorking) which provides a home visiting service, toy library and groups for parents and children.